Wednesday 18 June 2014

Snake Road

Photographed from Nahargarh Fort, Jaipur.
Nahargarh Fort was built in 1734 by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, the founder of Jaipur. This is the back way to Nahargarh Fort which takes you to city directly. Nahargarh Fort stands on the edge of the Aravalli Hills, overlooking the pink city Jaipur. In Ancient way it was used as a shortcut path for King’s travel. Fort is also popular location for Hindi movies, some scenes of the movie Rang De Basanti and Shuddh Desi Romance were shot here.

2 comments:

  1. I never made it here but I did go to Amber Fort which I thought was such a spectacular place. I loved my day there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say Carmen you should check out Nahargarh Fort, Jaipur this time when you visit India. It'll surly be in top 5 if I'll make a list of best 20 places to visit in Jaipur.

      Delete